The CCO Oregon 2019 Annual Conference: Coordinated Care and the Road Ahead was Tuesday, September 24th. Review the full agenda and conference program. The conference, which attracted 400 attendees, began with opening remarks from Samantha Shepherd, Executive Director of CCO Oregon, and Matt Sinnott, Co-Chair of the CCO Oregon Board of Directors and Senior Director of Government Relations at Willamette Dental.
Opening remarks were followed by a keynote address: CCO 2.0 and the Road Ahead by Pat Allen, Administrator of the Oregon Health Authority.
In the afternoon, attendees watched a video address from U.S Senator Jeff Merkley followed by a panel of elected officials from the Oregon State Legislature:
- Senator Laurie Monnes Anderson, Chair, Senate Health Care
- Representative Cedric Hayden, Vice-Chair, House Health Care
- Representative Rob Nosse, Co-Chair, Ways and Means Subcommittee on Human Services
- Representative Rachel Prusak, Member, House Health Care
The panel was facilitated by Sean Kolmer, Co-Chair of the CCO Oregon Board of Directors and Senior Vice President of Policy and Strategy at the Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems.
Check out the presenter bios and click on the links below to view presentation slides.
- Addressing addiction through Project ECHO: Innovative program offerings for various settings presented by Jonathan Robbins and Maggie McLain McDonnell, Oregon Health Sciences University
- Bringing substance use disorder treatment into the primary care setting: Medication Assisted Therapy, a Track for Empowering Recovery Success (It MATTERS) presented by Ilana Hull, Dara Johnson, and Nicole Antoniadis, Providence Medical Group
- Building Bridges: A Sustainable Model to Increase Successful Access to Services Across the Continuum of Care for MAT Patients presented by Alice Mollo-Christensen, Ben Schwartz, Recovery Works NW and Stacie Antoniadis, CareOregon
- CCO 2.0 policy and value-based payments presented by Chris DeMars, Director, Oregon Health Authority Transformation Center
- Community-driven investments and community-shared risk presented by Keshia Bigler, Emileigh Canalas, and Mae Pfeil, Columbia Pacific CCO
- Developing coordinated care networks to address social inequities presented by David Caress, Unite Us and Nicole Friedman, Kaiser Permanente Northwest
- Diabetes integration pilot for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness presented by Harish Asok and Alexandra (Ally) Birch, Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare
- First Tooth Training impact on children’s oral health assessments, fluoride varnishes, and other dental services presented by Sarah Bartelmann, Providence Center for Outcomes Research & Education (CORE) and Laura McKeane, AllCare Health
- FIT outreach to increase participation in colorectal cancer screening: BeneFIT study outcomes presented by Amanda Petrik and Jennifer Rivelli, Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research
- Fostering Hope Initiative (FHI): Strong families, resilient neighborhoods with a second presentation from Catholic Charities presented by Michael Rohwer, Curandi and Jim Seymour, Catholic Charities
- Health care transformation: Oral Health Integration Projects (OHIP) and learning collaborative presented by Aron Goffin, Multnomah County Health Department; Alyssa Franzen and Alexa Jett, CareOregon; and Kary Rapport, Neighborhood Health Center
- Implementing evidence based behavioral health care in Oregon: The ACT Model presented by Heidi Hendridx, Oregon Center of Excellence for Assertive Community Treatment
- Improving access: Oral health as a social determinant presented by Michelle Cady, Cornerstone Community Housing; Amanda Cobb, Trillium Community Health Plan; Karen Hall, Christain Hanson, and Kyna Knights, Capitol Dental Care
- Lessons learned: Community health information exchanges presented by Erick Maddox, Reliance eHealth Collaborative and Michael Heidenreich, PacificSource Health Plans
- New payment models and social determinants of health: Are these evolving together? Lessons from the Community Health Center setting presented by Carly Hood Ronick, Oregon Primary Care Association and Fred Dolgin, Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center
- Panel management strategies to optimize member engagement with primary care presented by Resa Bradeen and Jessica Young, Children’s Health Alliance and Children’s Health Foundation
- The power of storytelling as a person-centered data collection method presented by Nancy Knopf and Heather Oberst, Columbia Pacific CCO
- Prepared for high-quality patient care? Clinical orientation for new staff presented by Sarah Deines, Anayeli Franco, Julia Solano, and Kira Pietras, Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center
- Providing care coordination to a unique population presented by Tonya Fogleman, Jennifer Head, Andrew Nelson, and Heather Teters, The Summit Primary Care Team at Old Town Clinic (Central City Concern)
- Purposeful intergenerational communities: Trauma informed solutions to social issues presented by Shelley Gillespie and Renee Moseley, Bridge Meadows
- The road ahead for community health improvement planning: CHIPs and the SHIP with additional presentations from Jackson Care Connect, Health Share of Oregon, and Eastern Oregon CCO and Oregon State University presented by Anona Gund and Christy Hudson, Oregon Health Authority; Darin Dale, Jackson Care Connect; Paul Lindberg, United Way Columiba Gorge; Angie Treadwell, Oregon State University Extension; and Maria Tafolla, Health ShareOregon; and, West Livaudais, Oregon Health Sciences University
- Safe housing: Aging-in-place and care coordination with social service contracts presented by Sam Engel, AllCare Health CCO and Howard M Johnson and Sharon Johnson, Rebuilding Together – Rogue Valley
- Taking a public health approach: Providing oral health services in schools presented by Melissa Freeman and Tom Holt, Oregon Community Foundation; Linda Mann, Capitol Dental; and Trina McClure-Gwaltney, Mercy Foundation
- Transforming a health plan with technology for integrated care delivery under CCO 2.0 presented by LeRoy E Jones, GSI Health and Jonathan Weedman, CareOregon
- Utilizing Community Health Workers to address the underlying causes of addiction presented by Kate Gekeler, Northeast Oregon Housing Authority and Liberty Avila, Northeast Oregon Network (NEON)
- Virtual tools to help rebuild the medical neighborhood presented by Tanya Kapka, CareOregon and Swati Kumar, RubiconMD
Thank you to our 2019 annual conference sponsors!