The Dental and Oral Health workgroup focuses on best practices for measurement and models of dental and oral health integration within CCOs. This work includes recommended revisions and updates to the dental and oral health metric set and creating an updated framework for oral health coordination and integration within CCOs and potentially other systems.
The workgroup frequently collaborates with Oregon’s Health Plan Quality & Metrics Committee (HPQMC), Metrics & Scoring Committee (MSC), and other committees to make recommendations on potential measures and frame the conversation around the overall approach to dental and oral health integration and measurement.
- Comment to HPQMC on 2019 “on deck” measures
- Presentation to MSC on current measures and proposed measures for 2019 and beyond
In 2016, the workgroup developed the DCO-CCO Quality Measure Set, which over half of Oregon’s CCOs have selected aspects of to adopt depending on regional oral health needs. These recommended measures have been cited by:
- The National Academy of State Health Policy (NASHP), Integrating Oral Health into Oregon Medicaid’s Coordinated Care Model: Lessons for State Policymakers, September 2017
- Health Management Associates, Oral Health Integration Report, June 2017
- Oregon Health Authority, A Framework for Oral Health Access in the Oregon Health Plan, October 2016 and Oral Health in Oregon’s CCOs, March 2017
- Medicaid Advisory Committee: Oral Health Workgroup Report, September 2016
Matthew Sinnott, Willamette Dental
AllCare Health CCO
Columbia Pacific CCO
Eastern Oregon CCO/Moda
InterCommunity Health Network CCO
Jackson Care Connect CCO
Oregon Dental Association
Oregon Health Authority
Oregon Oral Health Coalition
Willamette Valley Community Health CCO
Please contact Maggie Weller, Policy and Program Director, to get involved.